[Snort-users] Sensor not logging data

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Fri Oct 11 13:22:03 EDT 2002

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Andy Stein wrote:

> I have been tinkering with the snort / acid combination for a few weeks.
> Since I upgraded to 1.9, my sensor logs about 50 events and then dies.
>
> ps shows snort is still running on the sensor and netstat -an shows a
> connection to the database, but nothing new is going in.
>
> I have reinstalled mysql on the server and also snort and mysql support on
> the sensor.
>
> When I first start the daemon, that's when it logs the data, but it stoped
> immediately after.

Are you using the DB output (MySQL?) plugin?  If so, I would suggest moving to
BarnYard and using it to connect to the DB instead.

What you are describing _sounds_ like the DB plugin can't keep a connection to
the MySQL DB.  What _state_ is the socket (to the db) in when you look at it
via netstat?

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams