[Snort-users] Dropping packets - how to tell?

Alberto Gonzalez ag-snort at ...7149...
Fri Oct 11 09:05:03 EDT 2002

SIGUSR1
             Causes the program to dump its current packet  sta-
             tistical information to the cosole or syslogd(8) if
             in daemon mode.

hope it helps

Hey erek, how many penalty drinks ? <g>

   - Albert

Lefevre, Steven wrote:

>Hey folks -
>
>I've scoured the manual, the FAQ, and google.
>
>Can Snort report if packets are being dropped (i.e. not analyzed)? If so,
>can someone please direct me how to get to this info?
>
>TIA!
>STeve

The secret to success is to start from scratch and keep on scratching.