[Snort-users] SNORT 1.9 As Service - Won't Start

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Thu Oct 10 10:36:07 EDT 2002

Burger,

Which flavor of Snort are you running? I'll go to a Win2k machine and
try it. I'm on an XP box with no problems.

Have you tried "net start snort" ?

-Michael
 mailto:michaels at ...155...

From: bunger [mailto:bunger at ...7101...]
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 10:32 AM
To: Michael Steele
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] SNORT 1.9 As Service - Won't Start

I tried exactly that and still received the same error.  Here is the
command I used:

Snort /SERVICE /INSTALL -c C:\Snort\snort.conf -l C:\Snort\log -i2

So then I tried just running snort manually from the command and snort
started up just fine?!  Here is the command I used for that:

Snort -c C:\Snort\snort.conf -l C:\Snort\log -i2

Has anyone gotten Snort 1.9 to run on Win2k?  Are there any required
services packs ( though my server is patched to sp3 )?

thanks again,
Bill