[Snort-users] SNORT 1.9 As Service - Won't Start

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Thu Oct 10 09:05:05 EDT 2002

Burger,

The docs state:

This will install Snort as a service with the specified parameters:
"snort /SERVICE /INSTALL -de -c <FULL PATH>\snort.conf -l <FULL
PATH>\logs"

Note the -de is placed before the -c and -l, and I really don't know if
it makes a difference where you place them, it shouldn't.

Insert your homenet into the snort.conf and try:

Snort -c C:\Snort\snort.conf -l C:\Snort\log -i2

If that works, just keep adding until the offending switch is found.

-Michael
 mailto:michaels at ...155...