[Snort-users] SMTP_SERVERS error when starting snort

Dirty Absu dabsu at ...131...
Thu Oct 10 08:13:03 EDT 2002

Hi. I'm running snort 1.8.7 on FreeBSD 4.7RC. The installation and setting up process went smoothly but when I want to start snort with /usr/local/etc/rc.d/snort start, I got the following error:

/kernel: xl0: promiscuous mode enabled

snort: WARNING: OpenPcap() device xl0 network lookup: xl0: no IPv4 address assigned

snort: FATAL ERROR: ERROR => Undefined variable name: (/usr/local/share/snort/exploit.rules:22): SMTP_SERVERS

/kernel: xl0: promiscuous mode disabled

Anyone can help me?

The Dirty One

faith.yahoo.com