[Snort-users] Hardware config

Wim van den Berge wim at ...6918...
Wed Oct 9 13:44:06 EDT 2002

Hello,

I'm moving from test bed to implementation and I want to make sure I
have my hardware configured big enough. I will monitor three networks
that between the three of them push about 40Mb/s. I'm looking for
recommendations for processor (single/dual, speed), memory, and drive
size for both of the following:

Sensor box. It will use the built in Ethernet for its connection to the
ACID/Apache/MySQL box. It will have 2 Intel PRO/100 S Dual port adapters
on the 3 sniffed networks.

ACID/Apache/MySQL box. It will use the built in Ethernet for its
connection to the Snort Sensor box and a second Ethernet for apache to
sit on.

Thanks,

           Wim