[Snort-users] snort dead but subsys locked

Miller, Eoin Miller at ...6968...
Wed Oct 9 12:41:04 EDT 2002

snort starts up, touches the subsysfile and then exits, probably because it cant load the rules or something similiar, what do you snort logs say? try starting snort up manually using the same options has you have in your /etc/rc.d/init.d/snortd startup script