[Snort-users] Snort1.9 TCPdump output file format

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Wed Oct 9 01:55:03 EDT 2002

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Grime, Richard S wrote:

> Thanks for the advice - but using -L still seems to give the epoch format.
> I see your point and eventually want to move onto this format, but any other
> ideas on getting back the <month><day> format in the mean time?
>
> It must be looking at the -L, because now I get:
>
> WARNING: command line overrides rules file logging plugin!

If you ever see the above line, that means that you are using the command line
option that overrides what is the 'default' settings inside of snort or the
settings inside of the config (snort.conf) file.

Onto your real problem:  I'll have to dig into the code.  :-/ But...  I'll
have to do that after I get some sleep.  :)  It's late, and my brain isnt'
working at 100%, so I'd rather say "Let me get back to you on that" than tell
you the wrong thing.  I'll be back later this AM (I'm at -0700 GMT) with a
clear brain and possibly a "right" answer.  :)

Anyone else, since I'm crashing for the night?  :)

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy