[Snort-users] Segfault on Alpha 1.9.0

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Wed Oct 9 00:47:01 EDT 2002

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, [iso-8859-2] Kunos P�ter wrote:

> I used Snort 1.8 for a while on my DEC-CPQ-HP :) Alphaserver 1200 with
> Linux.
>
> My latest configuration was Snort 1.8.7 with Debian 3.0, all stable updates,
> Mysql Ver 11.16 Distrib 3.23.49
>
> It was running fine, but i decided to upgrade to the latest. Now it runs for
> only a few seconds and stops with a segfault message.
> It was compiled with --with-mysql only. Later with --debug, but it wasn't
> useful for me.
> I tried to log to the database (schema v106), or to simple text files, but not logging anything.
>
> How can i solve this problem?

Run Windows98?  ;-)

Seriously...  More info is needed:

	Version of Snort
	OS and Version
	How do you start it?
	How do you know it was Snort that caused it (snort) to exit?
	What's the segfault msg?  ('gdb snort core' and then 'bt' would be
helpful--More info in the BUGS file in the tarball.)
	How much are you going to pay me?  (Oh, wait--Strike that ;-)
	--debug will give you a lot of info, but unless you know what to look
for, it will be just "a lot of output".  Hang onto the debug version, it
_could_ be useful.

And the most important:  Tip your bartender.  :-P

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy