[Snort-users] Snort version comparisons

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Tue Oct 8 21:40:02 EDT 2002

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Sabari Devadoss wrote:

> Can anyone point me to a location which contains a listing of the
> feature changes/additions from one version of snort to the next?
>
> For example:  Comparison of 1.8.7 vs 1.9.0

To be honest:

	Run, don't walk to the nearest site to download 1.9.0.  The numerous
improvements and fixes really are amazing.  1.9 gives you some added
functions, but overall, it's the same program.  To steal a line...  "Upgrade,
Upgrade, Upgrade!"  ;-)

	Realistic note:  Is there any reason _not_ to upgrade?

	Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy