[Snort-users] snort & mysql; not using the password?!

Miller, Eoin Miller at ...6968...
Tue Oct 8 08:41:05 EDT 2002

lets see here.... this is your error:
> database: mysql_error: Access denied for user:
> 'snortman at ...274...' (Using
> password: NO)

and this is your conf file:
>   output database: log, mysql, user=userxxx dbname=xxx host=localhost

i dont see you passing a password here, maybe try this?
output database: log, mysql, user=userxxx dbname=xxx host=localhost password=snort