[Snort-users] ATTACK RESPONSES id check returned root

Tue Oct 8 07:36:06 EDT 2002

Any payload that contains the string "uid=0(root)" will cause this to fire.  Most of the times that I've caught it, it's been because someone visited a web site with some type of UNIX tutorial, handbook, etc.  That's generally the first thing that you want to look for.