[Snort-users] Strange Acid/php error: (-upgrade to older version)

Paulo Filipe Mira paulo.mira at ...5092...
Tue Oct 8 04:58:04 EDT 2002

I had that problem with the acid version that comes with snort-1.8.7.
The php script that detects PHP's version is broken.

in acid_db_common.php:

if ( !( ($version[0] >= 4) && ($version[1] >= 0) && ($version[2] >= 4) ) )

if the last digit is less than 4, it fails the test, even if the middle
digit is > 0.

I fixed that error in the source, but later i had other errors that went
away when i started using the latest version of Acid, acid-0.9.6b21.tar.gz
at the time.

So i guess an upgrade to Acid is in order.