[Snort-users] Snorting with a single ethernet card

Xavi Altafulla xavifulla at ...131...
Tue Oct 8 00:45:03 EDT 2002

Is it possible to run Snort with a single network
card? Apart from security concerns, is there any
reason why snort will not start with only one card?

I'm just testing Snort in a separate Internet
connection (away from my LAN), and I'm not so
concerned about not using 2 cards with Snort.

I'm running a very typical Snort config, and I 've
installed Snort following the Scott guide step by step
(great doc for newbies like me): RH 7.3, Apache+Acid,
Webmin with Snort plugin, etc.
I had to change the startup snort script to make it
sniff on eth0 instead of eth1, but "snortd start" is
not working.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,