[Snort-users] fewer alerts found with acid than snort reported

charella constansia sharella at ...131...
Mon Oct 7 05:42:03 EDT 2002

Hi.

PLEASE HELP ME!! I've got snort up running "fine" for
a while now. I'm still doing a test implementation.
I have snort1.8.7 running on a redhat7.3 and the
management workstation is windows 2000. Now my sensor
says that I had over 169440 alert ( I think I got
compromised, but when I go to ACID on my management
workstation it said that I hav only 2885 alerts.
What's the problem?

Thanks
sharella