[Snort-users] mystery arp message

Jeff Nathan jeff at ...950...
Sun Oct 6 19:58:01 EDT 2002

Man...

all this knocking of spp_arpspoof.

So I'm happy to FIX it or even update it to do new things if people would
like it to things within the context of snort (I've thought about plugging
it into spp_conversation for just that purpose).

For the purposes of logging, snort uses fixed messages for everything so
the actual log output will never show the addresses in question.  (This is
true for all similar messages at this point).

With regard to 1.9 the necessary change of passing the offending packet to
the alert functions.   So, just like all other alerts in snort, you'll now
have the packet that set off the alert to get all the little goodies out of.

- -Jeff

- --On Sunday, October 06, 2002 21:32:21 -0500 Chris Reining