[Snort-users] snort1.9.0 source and binary issue

Chris Green cmg at ...1935...
Fri Oct 4 13:44:06 EDT 2002

"Paul Accosta" <paco at ...7080...> writes:

> I compiled snort1.9.0 for WIN32(after removing the 1 extraneous file)
> and then ran snort. I noticed in the command display window that it said
> this was a beta version. So I tried the binary widows version to see if
> the same beta message came up and it didnt. I was just wondering if the
> source code  released for snort1.9.0 is actually the beta code and
> differs from the binary that is being released?

Packaging errors on my part and the version string being inherited
from places other than the default.  The build for the binary came
from the source tree + the getrusage fix + a redefintion of the
RULE_PATH in the conf file.

Note to self:

The snort.conf and rules stuff will be appearing together in the
source tree in the future and I will not go look at CVS history to
blame whomever broke them apart.

Works great for devel, horribly for packaging.  Oh well :^).
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...1935...>