[Snort-users] snort-1.9.0 is released!

Bennett Todd bet at ...6163...
Fri Oct 4 12:05:44 EDT 2002

2002-10-04-14:10:30 twig les:
> I'm not ready to upgrade immediately (happily snorting
> with 1.8.7 in a production environment).  How long
> will the 1.8.x signatures be maintained?

"Maintained" isn't a binary, on/off attribute; maintenance can taper
off. This has already begun, for over a month now snortrules-stable
wasn't being updated as often as snortrules-current.

If this troubles you, and you don't feel like leaping onto the new
code train quickly, you might want to consider doing a little script
work to let you look for rules (by sid, perhaps?) in
snortrules-current that you don't already have, and back-port them
to 1.8.7 syntax.

-Bennett