[Snort-users] Problems with MySQL output

Borja Marcos borjamar at ...778...
Fri Oct 4 03:42:01 EDT 2002

	Hello,

	I am experiencing problems some months ago, with every snort version I have
tested.

	I am running Snort (now 1.9.0) and MySQL under FreeBSD 4.6.2. The machine is
a dual-cpu Compaq Proliant 18050R.

	After some time logging, (it was about 6 hours with the previus versions, now
it has failed after 15 minutes) it stops logging to the database. I see no
more alerts in the database. The socket connections remain open, but I see no
more alerts until I restart snort. Any ideas? The MySQL version is 3.23.32_1.

	Borja.