[Snort-users] ACID: Problem Viewing Alerts...

Jens Krabbenhoeft tschenz-snort-users at ...7018...
Wed Oct 2 08:49:42 EDT 2002

Hi Michael,

> FQDN: Database ERROR:Database ERROR:Access denied for user:
> 'snort at ...274...' to database 'snort'
> Database ERROR:Database ERROR:Access denied for user: 'snort at ...274...'
> to database 'snort'
>
> 1. what is FQDN?

Fully qualified domain name.

> 2. Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it successfully?

It seems to me that the user "snort" has not the right privileges to
access the snort-database.
To solve that problem you could:

a) give the user snort the proper rights to the DB (look at the
  ACID-homepage for the right ones for the individual tables) or the
  "unproper" ones:
  -> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON snort.* TO snort at ...274... IDENTIFIED BY "password"
b) use the root-account of the database in acid (adjust acid_conf.php to
  reflect the settings)

Hope that helps,

	Jens