[Snort-users] Seg fault with 1.8.7 and MySQL

Snort Snort at ...5098...
Tue Oct 1 14:07:03 EDT 2002

I just recently tried snort 1.87 on rh 7.3 and it segfaults as well, but so
did 1.86 on the same box. The only thing that I could think of that caused
this problems was, a bunch of red hat updates that are available now that rh
8.0 is out. When I reinstalled rh 7.3 and didn't perform any updates, 1.86
and 1.87  ran like a champ

Michael
Pathfire

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Ellerbrock [mailto:richarde at ...6992...]
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 4:09 AM
To: roman at ...438...
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Seg fault with 1.8.7 and MySQL

Ok, built snort 1.8.7 with debug support. Strange thing, snort does not seg
fault with debug support enabled (debug definately enabled as executable is
over 3megs!). Re-built with debug support turned off and snort seg faults!
Does not appear to be platform dependent as I tested it with Redhat 6.2, 7.2
and 7.3 - all have same effect. Don't know if this has anything to do with
load as these boxen are very busy.

Any futher advice and tests that I need to do?

>>> "Roman Danyliw" <roman at ...438...> 2002/09/26 06:35:49 >>>
We are definitely interested.  Please read the BUGS file as to type of
information that would be helpful for debugging purposes.

Roman

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:28:44 +0200, "Richard Ellerbrock"
<richarde at ...6992...> wrote :

> Been testing snort on a LOT of various boxes and may have come across
> problem with 1.8.7. My setup is plenty of sensors all over the place
> (remote WAN) connecting to a central, large, fast database. All
systems
> are various version of Redhat Linux. All works great when a second
> passive ethernet interface is used for snort. For some tests, I run
> snort on the same interface that is connected to the IP network. In
this
> setup, snort seg faults after about a minute. I have tested using
the
> supplied binaries and built my own - always segfaults. Is this
> interesting to anybody and should I supply a trace?
>
> Richard
> http://iptrack.sourceforge.net

Snort-users list archive: