[Snort-users] Snort Logging error

Ian Macdonald secsnort at ...5528...
Tue Oct 1 14:06:50 EDT 2002

double check that you have snort_options = " -o -N " in the psd.conf file. You may want to try kicking off snort from the command line to double check that things work that way. I have used various versions of demarc and thats one error I haven't seen when using the demarc to kick off snort.

Ian
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Anthony Scott
  To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
  Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 12:25 PM
  Subject: [Snort-users] Snort Logging error

  hi.
  I am using Snort in conjunction with Demarc PureSecure, latest version, on Windows 2000 Server SP2.
  I am getting a bunch of errors that say:
  " Invalid Snort config and/or rules. Continuing with last known good version (if available)."
  According to Demarc's web site, I ran a test on the snort.conf.tst file. It gave me error that says:
  "ERROR: Can not get write access to logging directory "log"."
  Of course the directory is there and, for troubleshooting purposes, I added the Everyone group with Full Access as well as the network Admin account with Full access.... Still get the same error.
  Any ideas?
  Thanks

  anthony  scott,
  workstation administrator