[Snort-users] Seg fault with 1.8.7 and MySQL

Richard Ellerbrock richarde at ...6992...
Tue Oct 1 01:10:06 EDT 2002

Ok, built snort 1.8.7 with debug support. Strange thing, snort does not
seg fault with debug support enabled (debug definately enabled as
executable is over 3megs!). Re-built with debug support turned off and
snort seg faults! Does not appear to be platform dependent as I tested
it with Redhat 6.2, 7.2 and 7.3 - all have same effect. Don't know if
this has anything to do with load as these boxen are very busy.

Any futher advice and tests that I need to do?

>>> "Roman Danyliw" <roman at ...438...> 2002/09/26 06:35:49 >>>
We are definitely interested.  Please read the BUGS file as to type of
information that would be helpful for debugging purposes.

Roman

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:28:44 +0200, "Richard Ellerbrock"
<richarde at ...6992...>