[Snort-users] Trouble with SnortCenter Agent

Steven B. Akers sbakers at ...7537...
Wed Nov 20 06:50:18 EST 2002

Hello,

We were using the Steve Scott document.  The actual error message is located in the /sensor/cgi/weblib.pl file.  Here is the section of the file that is erroring out.

else {
        # Get root directory from miniserv.conf, and deduce module name from $0
        local %miniserv;
        &get_miniserv_config(\%miniserv);
        $root_directory = $miniserv{'root'};
                $module_name = $1;
                }
        elsif ($0 !~ /^$root_directory\/[^\/]+$/) {
                &error("Script was not run with full path");
                }
        }

When I put in a little debug information to tell me what the variables $0 and $root_directory are at the time this weblib.pl is run, they are not the same, hence the error.  But I am not clear on where this information is set.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Steve