[Snort-users] spam

Paul D. Shaffer paulshaf at ...741...
Tue Nov 19 16:39:04 EST 2002

Just in case you're A-V isn't updated: I got one earlier today from
myself that had a readme attachment with the W32.ElKern.4926 virus...

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Chris
Merkel
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 12:55 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] spam

Anyone can do this, there's no trickiness invloved:

From: spammer at ...661...
To: spammer at ...661...
Bcc: yourboss at ...7562..., everyone at ...7563..., etc.

The message that comes through looks exactly like the one you described.
Nothing wrong with sending mail to yourself, especially is you have
multiple
personalities like me (and me).

;-)

Chris Merkel