[Snort-users] error configure --with-snmp

Phil Wood cpw at ...440...
Fri Nov 15 21:26:04 EST 2002

1. find / -name "snmp_parse_args.h" -print

If not found, then get the redhat rpm and install it.  Make sure you
install the "development" type of rpm.  That means it will include
files needed if you were going to build an snmp based application. Then
go to 1.

Now look close at the configure shell script and figure out what they
want in the way of --with-snmp.  Maybe you can pass it a hint so it
can put the include path in with all the other '-I' directives.

This is what I usually do when the configure complains about not finding
an include file for some optional feature.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 08:17:29PM -0500, Michael J. McCasland wrote:
> I tried from RPM and Source compiling net-snmp under redhat 8
>
> I get this error trying to run configure --with-snmp:
>
> checking for net-snmp/library/snmp_parse_args.h... no

>   ERROR: unable to find snmp headers (snmp_parse_args.h in net-snmp-5.0.x)
>   checked in the following places
>         /usr/include
>         /usr/include/net-snmp
>         /usr/local/include