[Snort-users] Checking out Snort 2.0 and building it

Jens Krabbenhoeft tschenz-snort-users at ...7018...
Thu Nov 14 15:05:06 EST 2002

Hi,

> The configure file wasn't there though. The closest I found was a
> configure.in. Am I missing something here or do I need to download Snort 2.0
> from somewhere else ?

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-devel&m=103533915708209&w=2

quote from Andrew Baker:

> As long as we document that to build from CVS one will now need to run:
>
>   aclocal
>   autoheader
>   automake
>   autoconf
>
> before running ./configure, I am all for it.

All binaries get called from "autojunk.sh" which ships with the cvs
checkout. So just call autojunk.sh, or execute the 4 programs manually.

HTH,
	Jens