[Snort-users] Checking out Snort 2.0 and building it

Alberto Gonzalez ag-snort at ...7149...
Thu Nov 14 15:04:03 EST 2002

Go ahead and grab http://www.snort.org/dl/snapshots/snort-current.tar.gz
and you can snort -V for the version/build...

(albertg at ...7183...)(~) snort -V
Initializing Output Plugins!

-*> Snort! <*-
Version 2.0.0beta (Build 13)

Hope that helps

    - Albert

Jhumri Tilayia wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I used:
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.snort.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/snort login
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.snort.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/snort
> co snort
>
> to download Snort 2.0 from the CVS (I hope it was Snort 2.0. How do I
> tell ?)
>
> The configure file wasn't there though. The closest I found was a
> configure.in. Am I missing something here or do I need to download
> Snort 2.0 from somewhere else ?
>
> Thanks.

The secret to success is to start from scratch and keep on scratching.