[Snort-users] web-misc robots.txt will not go away

Charles McGraw quickdraw71 at ...125...
Thu Nov 14 14:34:07 EST 2002

Running my Snort in IDS mode I've deleted the web-misc.rules file and
commented out the snort.conf file. however it still picks up and logs all
the webmisc robots.txt access.

Please someone how do I stop this menace...

Info:

Running snort 1.9.0 on a win32 box using the following cmd line

snort -de -l \log -h (Home_Net) -c snort.conf.

basically taken directly from the user guide pdf...