[Snort-users] portscan destination port 137

twig les twigles at ...131...
Thu Nov 14 11:11:06 EST 2002

Since udp 137 is a well-known M$ port this could be
normal, but it's worth checking.  No one with a source
IP that you don't know should be hitting that port
anyway (to be frank, no one at all should be hitting
that port).  So check the target for vulnerability
(file and print sharing, shares, non-renamed
administrator account....) and see if the source is an
attacker.

=====