[Snort-users] Still can't configure with snmp

McEvoy, Stephen smcevoy at ...7459...
Thu Nov 14 07:06:03 EST 2002

Redhat 8.0/ Net-snmp 5.0.6/ Snort 1.9.0

Unable to find snmp headers (net-snmp/library/snmp_parse_args.h in
net-snmp-5.0.x)     #### file is there with full rwx permissions
Is this telling me to override gcc2? if so, how do I do that?

here is the config.log:      (Is this telling me to override gcc2? if so,
how do I do that?)

/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char kstat_open();

int main() {
kstat_open()
; return 0; }
configure:3251: checking for net-snmp
configure:3316: checking for net-snmp/library/snmp_parse_args.h
configure:3326: gcc -E  -I/usr/local/include -DENABLE_SNMP conftest.c
>/dev/null 2>conftest.out
cpp0: warning: changing search order for system directory
"/usr/local/include"
cpp0: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
configure: failed program was:
#line 3321 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

the mail administrator at postmaster at ...7460...

www.icgcommerce.com