[Snort-users] Problems about snort in enterprise environment

Atul Shrivastava atul_iet at ...131...
Thu Nov 7 02:44:05 EST 2002

Ya,
you can do it.
I have done it earlier with the mysql, webmin, acid on
one machine (linux v7.3) and the snort agent on
different machines.
The only difference is that when you edit the
snort.conf file and change the output plugin settings,
you put the host as localhost. instead in this new
situation, you have to write the IP address of the
mysql server. That's all about. It will work.
I am not sure with the snort center but i have tested
it with webmin.
Tell me if some goes wrong.

Regards and have a nice day,

Atul Shrivastava

--- Andrea Iacopini <andrea.iacopini at ...7117...>