[Snort-users] WebDAV

Yaakov Yehudi yehudi at ...7410...
Wed Nov 6 00:56:33 EST 2002

Can anyone tell me if the WebDAV file lock alert can be triggered by
anything other than an intentional attempt to lock a file for editing etc.

Some ISPs have offered a range of  reasons for this alert - including:
"worms";
"our client has no idea what you are talking about";
and ... "Apparently, normal traffic is causing your alarm to sound. If you
click on the animated banner to the right of the "NFC News First Class"
logo, on this site: http://www.nfc.co.il/04-11-2002.html?04-21-11.  It
evidently triggers your alarm. We investigated this from our customer
behavior, and no wrong doing has occurred."

I'll be grateful to hear your replies. I'm quite puzzled.

Best Regards, YY