[Snort-users] Small Footprint system for sensors

Scott, Joshua Joshua.Scott at ...7384...
Tue Nov 5 19:21:04 EST 2002

For some offices, yes.  In offices that can support a 1U server, that's what
I plan to use.  But many of my offices have their router and firewall
equipment under a desk, or mounted on a wall.  I don't want to deliver a
system which is gonna be in the way.  Plus, if it looks more like a router
instead of a PC, there's less of a chance of some user powering it off!  :-)

Joshua Scott
Security Systems Analyst, CISSP
626-568-7024

-----Original Message-----
From: james [mailto:hackerwacker at ...3784...]
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 6:56 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Small Footprint system for sensors

Is a 1 U server too big ?

Snort-users list archive:

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.