[Snort-users] Logging to Remote Syslog and ACID Console

Parker, Ian parker.ian at ...6018...
Mon Nov 4 08:40:11 EST 2002

Is it possible to send alerts to both a remote Syslog server and a remote
ACID console? I can do one or the other, but if I specify the -s switch in
the command line, it overrides the output plug-in for MySQL in the config
file. The config file does not seem to allow you to specify a remote Syslog
server. I suppose I could set up a local Syslog server and have it forward
stuff to the remote daemon but I'd like to avoid that complication if
possible.

Ian Parker, GCWN

Senior Systems Analyst
Upgrading Plant Computing