[Snort-users] Pretty Reports for Management

Mark Rowlands mark.rowlands at ...752...
Fri May 31 15:34:03 EDT 2002

On Friday 31 May 2002 11:46 pm, Donna MacLeod wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> The management at my company would like some pretty Snort reports.  Maybe
> with things they can click on and nice graphs :)  I'm sure this question
> has been asked before, but what's everyone's favourite report generator?
> I've found a bunch of them but figured I'd ask the experts their opinions
> first.
>
> Thanks,
> Donna

for PHBs you just need one report that shows attacks repulsed vs money saved.

You need to define your terms better, what do they want to know.....?
I would probably find that out first, after that it depends on how you are
storing your data.

I have used snortsnarf, snort2html and acid.....  i wouldn't recommend letting
PHBs loose on acid ( allthough now i come to think about it, it does produce
some amusing images.......sorry,  I am getting sophomoric in my dotage).

Fine products all but if some simple canned reports are what are required....
you could look at mysql-new.php as a starting point
(it was recently posted to this list..needs a bit of user friendlying)

.