AW: [Snort-users] Ignore ICMP ping

Poppi, Sandro Sandro.Poppi at ...3316...
Fri May 31 10:16:04 EDT 2002

Hi Math,

for that issue I use pass rules. Take a look into the Snort User's Manual
about writing pass rules, it's really not hard to do, and remember to use
the command line option -o on the snort command line.

You can also use BPF on the snort commandline as a second way. I think this
would increase snort's performance a little bit more instead of using pass
rules since those packets wouldn't reach snort at all while pass rules have
to be done by snort. I never did such a perfomance test, however, so this is
just a guess.

HTH,
Sandro