[Snort-users] Snort & Prelude

counter.spy at ...348... counter.spy at ...348...
Fri May 31 07:33:07 EDT 2002

Hi folks,
on focus-ids at ...35... a special mail caught my eye,
regarding the prelude IDS.

Has anybody already implemented a multi-tiered, distributed IDS
infrastructure combining snort and prelude?

I'm asking, because both Snort and Prelude are GPL and snort alone does not
provide for a centrally managed, distributed deployment (maybe with snortnet,
but I am not sure if this is still applicable with the current snort
architecture).

I'd be very interested in what experiences you've made.

The prelude website:
http://prelude-ids.org

THX

Greetings,