[Snort-users] flexresp on 1.8.6 with red hat 7.2

Chris Green cmg at ...1935...
Thu May 30 15:44:07 EDT 2002

"Hugo Ferr" <snortgrp at ...125...> writes:

> Compiled 1.8.6 on rh7.2 using --with-mysql and --enable flexresp. (It looks
> like 'make distclean' is no longer required for compilation on red hat 7.2,
> I had no errors without 'make distclean').
> I noticed readme.flexresp file and it says that i should build and install

Thats if you are compiling yourself. the libnet rpm satistfies the
requirements.

> LibNet from packetfactory.net. So it looks like --enable-flexresp is not
> enough?
>
> P.S. actually I have the following rpms installed on the linux machine:
> # rpm -qa | grep libnet
> libnet-1.0.2a-1snort
> perl-libnet-1.0703-6
>
> Should I still download the packetfactory LibNet?

Nah, you're good to go.

  ^^^^
I sure won't!
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...1935...>
Let not the sands of time get in your lunch.