[Snort-users] shellcode error

matt mkettler at ...4108...
Thu May 30 13:58:05 EDT 2002

Yeah, and the latest snort rules tarball should also include a snort.conf
containing a SHELLCODE_PORTS variable.. put that in your snort.conf and it
should work fine.

Don't assume that the baseline snort.conf is unchanged when updating your
rule sets, it is VERY common for it to have new variables used by the new
ruleset.