[despammed] [Snort-users] Snort > mysql > acid - timestamp troubles

Ed McMan essmilee at ...5068...
Thu May 30 07:44:09 EDT 2002

Wednesday, May 29, 2002, 3:01:00 PM, Rose, Jerry L SAJ Contractor wrote:

RJLSC> Here's the problem. I've got alerts being logged
RJLSC> with timestamps later than the current time (approx.
RJLSC> 4 hours into the future). I'm running ntpd on all
RJLSC> three servers. I've run the "date" command on all
RJLSC> three servers to visually verify the proper date
RJLSC> and time is set on all three servers. I've cranked
RJLSC> up "#snort -v" then "ctrl-c" and the timestamps are
RJLSC> correct on standard out.

Hmm, strange.  What happens if you manually insert a time into the
table?  Does it show up with the correct time or the future one?

|Eddie J Schwartz <EdMcMan at ...2893...> http://www.m00.net|
|   AIM: The Cypher ICQ: 35576339 YHOO: edmcman2 MSN: ^^    |
| "We Trills have an expression--at forty, you think you    |
| know everything.  At four hundred, you realize you know   |
|         nothing." - Dax, Star Trek Deep Space 9           |