[Snort-users] Bandwidth Information

Cooper Arthur B Contr WCOM art.cooper at ...5906...
Wed May 29 11:09:03 EDT 2002

Hello All,

	Does anyone know of an "add-on" or PERL script that can do some
"ciphering" for me and tell me what percentage of my bandwidth is generating
alerts with SNORT?  I have a snort server set-up on a SPANNED 100
MBS/Full-Duplex port that feeds the internal LAN of a large US Military
installation.  I absolutely LOVE SNORT, but now that I see all of the crazy
stuff being thrown at us via the Net, I was wondering if there was a way to
show what percentage of our bandwidth is literally being wasted by the
amount of cmd.exe, code red, SQL Worm 1433 stuff etc. etc. that is coming in
here and "banging" my firewalls.  THANKS!!

Coop
Arthur B. Cooper Jr  "COOP"
Network Technical Lead
Schriever AFB - Colorado Springs, Colorado
Email: art.cooper at ...5906...