AW: [Snort-users] Bonding - has anyone gotten it to work with an ether tap

quentyn at ...3871... quentyn at ...3871...
Wed May 29 02:50:03 EDT 2002

"Poppi, Sandro" wrote:

> I've successfully used channel bonding on RH 7.2, kernel 2.4.18 along with
> ether taps (100Base TX, 1000 Base SX).
>
> 2 things to remember: First apply the patch for 2.4.18 from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/bonding/ and recompile and install a new
> kernel, second recompile ifenslave as described in
> /usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt.
>
> I created 2 small test scripts for my own convenience:
> bond.sh

thanks a lot

it seems (now) that it was working all along but I wasn't first putting
the underlying interfaces into promisc mode ( so bond0 couldn't sniff).
Now they (eth1+2) are in promisc mode all is OK, and bond0 can see
traffic.

 Thanks for the reply

Quentyn Taylor
Sysadmin - Fotango
"I offer you a new vision of Hell: Watching an entire ISO committee
trying to agree on what wine
to have with their meal."
   Tanuki the Raccoon-dog, ASR