AW: [Snort-users] Bonding - has anyone gotten it to work with an ether tap

Poppi, Sandro Sandro.Poppi at ...3316...
Tue May 28 22:24:02 EDT 2002

I've successfully used channel bonding on RH 7.2, kernel 2.4.18 along with
ether taps (100Base TX, 1000 Base SX).

2 things to remember: First apply the patch for 2.4.18 from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bonding/ and recompile and install a new
kernel, second recompile ifenslave as described in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt.

I created 2 small test scripts for my own convenience:
bond.sh

#!/bin/bash
# testing channel bonding for IDS and Taps
# poppi, 25.02.2002
/sbin/ifconfig bond0 up
/sbin/ifconfig eth1 promisc up
/sbin/ifconfig eth2 promisc up
/sbin/ifenslave bond0 eth1
/sbin/ifenslave bond0 eth2

unbond.sh
#!/bin/bash
# testing channel bonding for IDS and Taps
# poppi, 25.02.2002
/sbin/ifconfig bond0 down
/sbin/ifconfig eth1 down
/sbin/ifconfig eth2 down