[Snort-users] sorry...upgrade question again

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Tue May 28 13:11:04 EDT 2002

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Hugo Ferr wrote:

> I searched snort users manual, faq, install and readme files and couldn't
> find any normal documentation regarding how to upgrade snort 18.2 to 8.6. If
> anyone can point my out to such documentation or can give me at lease some
> hints ( if i should upgrade mysql db schema, can I save my local.rules and
> copy them back to the new installation, etc).....

Well....  If you were to check the mailing list archives, you would have found
this post from 05/15/02:

	http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users&m=102150676218555&w=2

Now the sad part is, I got _no_ feedback on that at all.  None....

Anyways, have a look at that and see if it helps any.  Those are the base
steps that I follow.  It doesn't cover everything (ACID and such), but it
should hit all the bases.

> P.S.Special Thanks to Adam Migus for giving the RTFM-STFW-attitude.

He might have been trying to save you from having to take any penalty
drinks[0].  ;-)

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams