[Snort-users] Bonding - has anyone gotten it to work with an ether tap

quentyn at ...3871... quentyn at ...3871...
Tue May 28 09:15:03 EDT 2002

Sort of linked to snort.

I have an ether tap and am trying to recombine the 2 streams.

Has anyone had any luck with channel bonding (and snorting on that IF) ?

I am using the patch from source forge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bonding/ ( and I know I should be asking
there, but bear with me) . I have eth0 ( the normal interface) and eth
1+2 ( the interfaces connected to the tap)

with out the bonding module loaded up I can see traffic on eth 1+2 as I
would expect. as I bring up bond0 I can no longer see traffic on eth1+2
or on bond0.

rmmod bonding and I can now tcpdump the real interfaces.....

Has anyone gotten bonding working under linux with an ether tap ?

BTW this is RH7.1 kernel 2.4.18

Quentyn Taylor
Sysadmin - Fotango