[Snort-users] 1.8.6 and tcpdump format

Jeremy prrthd at ...4180...
Wed May 22 12:06:37 EDT 2002

Hello all,

  I recently switched from 1.8.3 to 1.8.6 and I'm running into a problem. With 1.8.3 I was able to use the -b flag and also have snort create a directory with the attacking IP's name and log the packet. Now when I run snort with the -b flag I no longer get the packet logged to the directory. In fact the directory is not created at all. If I simply take away the -b flag things work as expected.
  I'm using snort to monitor a honeypot so I'm trying to grab as much info as possible, is this combination of features no longer supported?

Please CC me any responses because I am not on the list.

Thanks,
  Jeremy