[Snort-users] snort not logging to database

Devon Harding - GTHLA DHarding at ...5481...
Wed May 22 07:29:02 EDT 2002

Im running snort 1.86 w/ PureSecure.  I see snort process running and the
alert file is being populated, but snort is not logging to my mysql
database.

My snort.conf looks like this....

var HOME_NET [192.168.0.0/16]
var EXTERNAL_NET ![192.168.0.0/16]
var SMTP $HOME_NET
var HTTP_SERVERS $HOME_NET
var SQL_SERVERS $HOME_NET
var DNS_SERVERS $HOME_NET

preprocessor defrag
preprocessor stream2: timeout 10, ports 21 23 80 110 143, maxbytes 16384
preprocessor unidecode: 80
preprocessor rpc_decode: 111
preprocessor bo: -nobrute
preprocessor telnet_decode
preprocessor portscan: $HOME_NET 4 3 portscan.log
preprocessor portscan-ignorehosts: $DNS_SERVERS

output database: log, mysql, user=snort dbname=snort password=snort
host=192.168.0.18 sensor_name=snort1

#include ICMP_RULES
#include INFO_RULES
#include POLICY_RULES