[Snort-users] Getting MYSQL support compiled

Cooper Arthur B Contr WCOM art.cooper at ...5906...
Tue May 21 12:50:02 EDT 2002

Hello,

	I've been using SNORT and SNORTSNARF, and I absolutely love it.
However, I'm trying now to get SNORT to work with a mysql database.
Already, I'm learning more about mysql than I ever wanted to!  I have my
mysql database configured, but when I originally did my ./configure, make,
and make install for SNORT, I must not have done the mysql support
correctly.  Ever since I edited my snort.conf file to send output to my
mysql database, whenever I run SNORT, I get this error:

database: compiled support for ( )
database: configured to use mysql
database: mysql support is not compiled in this copy

 Check your configuration file to be sure you did not mis-spell "mys
ql".
 If you did not, you will need to reconfigure and recompile ensuring
 that
 you have set the correct options to the configure script. Type
 "./configure --help" to see options for the configure script.

Fatal Error, Quitting..

CAN ANYONE HELP ME???  I've tried to re-do a configure, make, and make
install, but it fails.  How can I re-compile SNORT to get the mysql output
to work??  THANKS!!!!

Art Cooper
Arthur B. Cooper Jr  "COOP"
Harris Technical Services Corporation