[Snort-users] Snort comparisons

Tim Prendergast tprendergast at ...5901...
Mon May 20 11:26:02 EDT 2002

Greetings,

I'm seeking any information people have on Snort vs Cisco NetRanger comparisons that may have been done professionally or for educational reasons. I'm seeking as much info as possible to provide a fair comparison of the two products to my organization for IDS solutions. We don't need gigabit performance or anything, something that does 100Mbps would be fine for a lonnnnggg time. I'm a big fan of Snort, but need more data to back my position.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could help.

Thanks,
Tim Prendergast
tprendergast at ...5899...